Saturday, March 07, 2009

it's true. this man has no dick.

David Gibbs against robot love

At an anti-gay marriage rally Tuesday in Raleigh, North Carolina, David Gibbs III, the Christian fundamentalist lawyer who fought to keep brain-damaged Terry Schiavo on life support in 2005, publicly expressed his deep-seated fear of machine love. From the News & Observer:
(Gibbs) told rally participants gay marriage would "open the door to unusual marriage in North Carolina.

"Why not polygamy, or three or four spouses?" Gibbs asked. "Maybe people will want to marry their pets or robots."
via boingboing
Robot love. The love none dare to name.
Btw, isn't "polygamy" and being married to "three or four spouses" the same thing? Wait. Let me go look that up...

po⋅lyg⋅a⋅my
[puh-lig-uh-mee] –noun
1. the practice or condition of having more than one spouse, esp. wife, at one time.
Yup. That's it.

And who knows? Gay marriage could lead to: "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

3 comments:

salsez said...

I don't even have a damn robot.

Lina Fuh said...

I'm married to my laptop which I've named, Mickey Mac. We haven't been together that long but just wait 2 years or whatever it is for common law to kick in. He'll be mine forever! Or until I upgrade him.

Epiphenita said...

Sal, start small...a toaster, perhaps.

Lina, mazel tov to you and MM. May his hard drive be upgradable.

I, for one, am dating my Sawzall on the side.