Thursday, February 19, 2009

no. please. don't. stop.

A few months ago a new crossing guard started working on the main street I drive down to get to work. The fact that there are never any children, EVER, when I slow to a crawl in this school zone has nothing to do with my feelings towards this guard.

Because I have no feelings towards the guard. I mean other than a vague sense of mammalian connectedness that prevents me from running over humans and animals. Nothing teary, just you know, just that we have fur, we shit, hakuna matata.

WEEK ONE:
Oooo, she's one of those über-friendly types. Big smile to every passing car. And a wave. Using the stop sign. Let me repeat that: She waves at passing motorists with her stop sign.

I so wanted to be there when that behavior came to a screeching halt.

WEEK TWO:
Waving with hand. Stop sign held in "off" position at her side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She waves at passing motorists with her stop sign.

The first thing that came to my mind when I imagined how that must've looked was "Awww...isn't that cute?"

She wasn't in the middle of the street while she was *cough* waving, was she? (It wouldn't surprise me, because The Stupid, It Burns.)