Monday, July 31, 2006

a little bit of this

Two stories that seem related:

Hmmm. Crime rises with temperature...perhaps U.S. politicos can use this angle to get off their collective asses and start addressing global warming.
__________

Today I overheard one of my more endearing co-workers quietly sigh, "I wish I was magic." It made me smile.
__________

A story in today's Houston Chronicle:
Fight against childhood obesity starts with communication

The second paragraph reads:
"To ignore the weight issue (of an adolescent) is almost like the elephant in the room that no one's talking about," said Roberta Anding, a clinical dietician in adolescent medicine at Texas Children's Hospital."
An elephant in the room? Is that the most sensitive metaphor you could come up with, Roberta? Very nice.
__________

Mel, Mel, Mel. What a lethal weapon your mouth turns out to be. There's nothing like getting drunk and letting it all hang out, eh? It's not like there aren't left wing crazies out there but there's something very special about a famous "closet" bigot slipping in the spotlight.
__________

Sometimes I try to curb my criticism of the world at large. You know, look at the bright side, blah, blah, blah. But, let's face it, some days it's like shooting fish in a proverbial barrel. The world if full up with idiotic behavior. All I need to do is close my eyes, spin the mouse and click anywhere.

No comments: